ALBANY, GA (June 4, 2018) – On Thursday, May 31, 2018, the Commodore Conyers College & Career Academy was dedicated to the late Commodore Conyers, a long-time proponent of education in Albany. The 4C Academy, through partnerships with Albany State University, Albany Technical College, and local business/industry, offers a variety of pathways to teach hands-on, technical skills business and industry require of tomorrow’s workforce. These include aviation, logistics, nursing and healthcare sciences, business management and engineering.
LRA Constructors, Inc., along with partner Dukes, Edwards & Dukes, Inc., served as Construction Manager for the project. SRJ Architects Inc. served as architect for the project.
- Integrated project delivery between owner, design and construction teams
- Renovations, modifications and additions to the former Southside Middle School
- Fast-track project completed in four phases from December 2016 to January 2018
- 104,428 square feet
- LRA self-performed all interior and exterior concrete work
- Approximately 90% local participation and 18% minority participation
About LRA Constructors, Inc.
Founded in 1978, LRA Constructors, Inc. is a full service general contracting, design-build and construction management firm working in Georgia, Florida and Alabama and serving a diverse range of clients in the automotive, religious, healthcare, industrial, government, education, office, multi-unit, retail and specialty markets. For more information, visit: lraconstructors.com.