The first goal of Preconstruction Services is to make the project successful. To achieve this goal, we will use a collaborative approach to preconstruction both within our organization and with the overall project team (owner, end-user, architect, engineer, etc.). We are frequently asked to provide estimating/develop budgets well ahead of any drawings or completed programming, and this experience will help us during this preconstruction process. In order to ensure that estimates are as complete as possible from day one, we need to do the following:
– Collaborate between the owner, end-user, design team and LRA Constructors so that all involved can better understand the goals of the project.
– Develop/update overall project schedule tracking design, estimating, permitting, other regulatory requirements, construction, FF&E and occupancy. Use this schedule to better determine general condition costs as we move closer to construction start.
– Breakout details of project estimates through the schematic design, design development and construction phases so the project team can better understand the budget and use the information to make good decisions.
– Engage major trade contractors.
– Consider value engineering options.
– Initiate conversations with public building officials (local, state and federal as needed) to ensure they are “on board” as early as possible.
– Establish processes for communication/reporting in order to update status of design, schedule, cost, decisions, facility readiness and FF&E.
– Integrate overall construction logistics plan and schedule into project plan to ensure that the documents are developed in a supportive manner.
– Provide insight into the construction logistics and identify issues relating to site operations, building construction and construction phasing, and develop solutions for these issues.
– Develop master plan for construction through occupancy to determine the best ways for the end-user to achieve occupancy following construction.